The Forward Foundation was created in April 2016, with the main aim of creating an area of dialogue amongst different sections of the Polish left. We would that the voice of those to the left of social democracy is heard during the discussions about the future of the left.
We will concentrate our activities on popularising the ideas of socialism and democracy in the fight against neo-liberalism, militarism, racism, patriarchy and homophobia. Our activities will also involve political activity and research. We have a long-term aim of building a strong organisation which can support and advise the socialist left in Poland.
At a national level we are not connected to any political party. We are interested in cooperating with the different sections of the radical left that are operating within existing political parties, non-government organisation and informal groups.
We place a great emphasis on our international cooperation and we aim to coordinate our initiatives with those of our international partners. The Forward Foundation is a member of Transform! European network for alternative thinking and political dialogue. At a European level we identify most strongly politically with the European Party of the Left.
- To popularise socialist ideas within society, particularly amongst youth.
- To popularise the idea of humanism in social, cultural and economic life
- To support the activities of the left in political, social, cultural and professional life.
- To initiate cooperation between socialist circles and different currents of the left, with the aim of exerting a real influence on politics in the country.
- To support activities that have the aim of creating new progressive political, social and cultural initiatives in the country.
- To initiate and lead dialogue on the topic of the future of the left at an international, national and regional level, as well as between generations.
- To support the process of building a civil society and social dialogue. To propagate engagement in professional life, participating in trade unions and promoting a participatory management model.
- To take part in activities seeking equality for everyone regardless of their ethnicity, nationality, social background, worldview, religious belief or lack of belief, age, sex or sexual orientation.
- Propagating self-management and democratic attitudes in all areas of social life.
- Promoting environmental awareness and the idea of sustainable development.
Network for alternative thinking and Polilical Dialogue transform! is a network of 29 European organizations from 19 countries, active in the field of political education and critical scientific analysis, and is the political foundation of the European Left Party (EL). The members of the transform! network coordinate their scientific and educational work, carry out in cooperation theoretical and educational events, organize discourses regarding chief issues of the democratic left in Europe and in the whole world, they work together on publications and educational materials and work towards an intercontinental dialogue of the Left and its scientific and educational institutions.